Monday, September 7, 2009

KiD CuDi - Man on the Moon: The End of Day leaked

So, KiD CuDi's new album got leaked allllllllllll over the internet. The album is slated for release September 15th, but there are already reviews for it...Hopefully he still makes some money off it.

From what I've read of the reviews, CuDi went all out on this album. I've read through a couple forums, and the word on the album is all positive. Supposedly solid from track one to track fifteen, the album looks like it has some very interesting facets.

A, Common does narration on the album. I don't know exactly what this refers to, but I would assume it has something to do with the album's story, which leads me to my next point.

B, the album doesn't have a tracklist, it has a "scenelist". According to CuDi's website, there are five "scenes" on the CD, which feature between two and four songs each, and are titled. Concept albums are interesting enough in themselves, but concept albums from this genre of music is something new to me altogether.

C, CuDi collaborates with a some great artists. MGMT is featured on one song, Ratatat is featured on two, and Kanye and Common both show up on track twelve. Whether that track includes Common's narration, I'm not sure.

In any event, first impressions of this album from around the internet are heralding it as "the next step in hip hop." Whether or not it lives up to that, I'm not sure, but what is for sure is I'll be stopping in at the music shop on my way home from school tomorrow to grab Day 'N' Nite.

Kid Cudi Myspace
KiD CuDi - Day 'N' Nite
KiD CuDi vs Crookers - Day 'N' Nite Remix
KiD CuDi - A Kid Named Cudi Mix Tape

1 comment:

  1. Woa, that sounds really cool; what a fresh take! And if the music sounds anything like that one song, it'll definitely be something I'm interested in!

    ReplyDelete