Monday, September 14, 2009

Illegal Downloading Through the Eyes of an Artist

Just found a very insightful article on Sputnikmusic about illegal downloading from an independent artist's perspective. Take a look, it should help inform some opinions on the subject.

I more or less agree with everything he's saying, however I do illegally download as a preview of albums. If I like it, I'll buy it. If I don't, I'll delete it. Also, we've already seen the drastic increase in merchandise prices, although I don't see the prices of shows going up too much. Who is going to buy tickets at marked up prices for bands they don't absolutely love? Only die hard fans would, and there simply wouldn't be enough to get a up-and-coming bands on their feet. Merchandise prices are and have been rising, but if they raise the prices of shows, the only outcome will be less fans at shows. It's that simple.



No comments:

Post a Comment